Monday 9 April 2012

Easter afternoon

 We had gorgeous weather for easter. Autumn is such a beautiful time. I worked hard in the garden planting bulbs and tidying the potager, and this afternoon I decided just to relax and enjoy the sunshine. Out I went with my blanket, book, and crochet. I saw a picture in a catalogue of a crochet necklace and thought I would see if I can recreate it. No doubt if I went online I'd find a similar pattern in a jiffy but just for a change I'm attempting to do it all by myself - well, with the aid of a couple of pattern books too. We shall see, perhaps I'll get bored before finishing, but today it was a fun project.

 I had pink refreshments to sustain me - rhubarb fizz and last week's cupcakes (which were stored in the freezer and rejuvenated in the microwave).

The aftermath

2 comments:

  1. What a nice way to spend an autumn afternoon! I love autumn too. It's that combination of frenetic garden activity and relaxed contemplation of the beauty of turning leaves, all in one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel a sense of urgency at this time of year, there is so much to get done before winter! So it's always nice to take a bit of time off and smell the roses :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...