Monday 5 November 2012

Hall table display




This is how I styled my hall table last week. The azaleas (rhododendrons?) are beautiful but so short lived. They last a day or two in the vase and a week or two on the bush. Then the show's over. Not really worth it in my opinion; they are pretty but something more long lasting could be growing there. 

The lace on the silky mat is obviously handmade but I'm not sure how. It's not crochet or tatted... maybe it's actual bobbin lace? The embroidery is a practice one I made a couple of years ago. It was a prototype for something but I don't remember what now. 

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful display. I like the way you put everything together. My mother use to do hand lace...that is hard to do! I like the pink hearts on the
    embroidery it picks up the flowers....those are worth the short bloom time---but I know what you mean, I do the same I don't always keep everything..:-)...:-) robbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie
      Yes I absolutely had to make the most of those pink flowers, but it was disappointing when they started to drop as soon as I put them in the vase. But at least I have the photographs now :) Hope your autumn garden is still producing well!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...