Thursday 1 November 2012

First




The first rose to open fully was Sexy Rexy, just in time for the first of the month. I'd already impatiently cut the first bud from Queen Elizabeth but it's still sitting regally in a bottle vase, the petals just beginning to uncurl. The Sexy Rexy bud had frost burn on some of the petals, but it's not noticeable now that it's open. And there are several others on the bush poised to unfurl.

I've already been eating the first strawberries for about a week.  This is one of the things I love best about summer... going outside first thing in the morning to pick fresh berries for my breakfast. Hopefully it won't be too long until I'm picking fresh tomatoes for lunch!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth. I'm envious that you're eating strawberries!! Maybe that's something else I need to add to the greenhouse next Spring. Keep taking your lovely pictures!! Kind regards Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I just looove strawberries and they are so easy to grow! Growing them in the glasshouse means the birds don't get them too. Hope your spring garden is growing well.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...