Thursday 14 April 2011

Work in progress

 I've been busy these past few weeks harvesting and preserving food from the garden. I've made several batches of tomato relish, some stewed apples, plenty of chopped vegetables for the freezer, and now I've moved onto the dehydrator. This is on loan from Jon's mum, and it's been working hard on the bench this week. Dried apples = yum! Dried pears = yummer! Dried tomatoes with garlic and oil = I will eat these till I throw up.

 
Here's my current WIP. It's this pattern which I found through Ravelry. I never imagined myself crocheting a granny square skirt, and I'm not even sure I'll wear it once made, but I think the greys and black make a kitschy design a lot more elegant. Also, crochet is supposedly hot on the catwalk this season - it would be funny for me to be ahead of a trend!

 I thought I would replace the standard granny sqaure with one a bit prettier - this is Daisy Chain from Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans. It's definitely prettier, but not as pretty as a certain pink-nosed somebody.

Only thing is, I'm not sure if I like these squares anymore. I mean I like them, but do they look right on the skirt or are they a bit too busy? Maybe the appeal lies in the simplicity of the plain grannies.
I'm not sure and it's really too hard to decide right now, so I've put this to one side. I might make a couple of plain grannies on the weekend and see how I like them.

1 comment:

  1. wow, I really like that. I'm not normally big on crochet skirts or grannys in apparel but that looks really nice. I like your 'fancy' squares too, but if you think it might be a bit much maybe you could make some plain ones and pattern with them. one plain, one fancy, or one fancy, two plain, etc. No matter what you decide I'm sure it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...