Sunday 15 July 2012

July flowers




Just a couple of snapshots today. The garden is looking so flattened and soggy that it's best just to turn the other way, and my indoor flower displays mainly consist of big bunches of wintersweet (which I've shown you several times already) and the tantalising spring bulbs in my previous post.

Flowering outside we do have Bellarina primroses, in lacy pink and indigo blue, and the delicate appleblossom flowers of Fairy Blush camellia. The wintersweet is in its final flush and I'll be sad to say goodbye to that lovely for another year. The paper daisy is in full bud however and some of the little flowers are even starting to open up, which bodes well for the next few months! Promises for late winter include buds on the daphne and hellebores, and hopefully the earlicheers and crocuses won't be too far away. Today is the halfway point after all... spring is only six weeks away!

8 comments:

  1. Pretty!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!
    Have a blessed Sunday!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie
    Mississippi, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that longing for spring! My garden is in full summer mode, which normally makes me happy, but I would love to have some of your soggy weather. The camellia is lovely; I didn't know they looked so good in winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love summer... can't wait till it's here again. But too much heat is a pain! Hope your plants are doing ok!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I found you via GBBD at Carol's, I can see we have more than gardening in common! Although my garden is at the other side of the world we are also drowning in rain at the moment, quite unusual for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helene, thanks for visiting! Rain in summer is disappointing, I hope it clears up soon and you have a nice late summer/autumn.

      Delete
  4. I am cooling off just looking at your pictures. We are in the same world, just opposites sides. Full summer here now but I do enjoy seeing the frost on your garden and your table display with the snowflake rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's human nature to want the opposite of what we have! That's why the internet is so great - it's easy to look at pictures and at least partly fulfil that want :) I'm enjoying seeing all the Northern Hemisphere summer gardens.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...