Friday 16 August 2013

Project Life - May





Here are my two May spreads in my Project Life album. I like to lay out the pictures so that the colours harmonise as much as possible in the spread, rather than enforcing a rigid chronological order. In the first spread I felt that a unifying element was needed, so I added turquoise corners to some of the photos. This creates a flow to the whole spread. In the second spread everything went together pretty well. I just picked out some of the colours to accent with patterned paper, added a dash of journalling and some simple cut paper decorations, and a crochet motif. I seem to be running at a steady rate of about 2 months behind with this album, but that's okay. It's not a project that needs to be rushed.

2 comments:

  1. You're so talented to make such a buautiful album, Ruth! I think each photo is like a postcard. Especially love the crossing ankles in front of the fireplace. This album getting togehter is like some magazine or catalog! It's a good idea to put a crochet motif and patterned papers in it, which produces a sense of rhythm, I guess. The color combination of each page is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keity! I'm really enjoying this project. It's quite fun thinking of the things to put in the spaces where I don't have a photo too! I think I'll need to press some flowers for it this summer :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...