Tuesday 1 January 2013

Photos from a rose garden












While I was on holiday over Christmas, my mum and I visited the Timaru Botanic Gardens, and took a stroll through the rose garden. The roses were all blooming beautifully and smelled gorgeous. We also walked through the fernery (the scroll patterned door above) and through the scented herb garden. You can see the cutout in the hedge that leads to the herb garden in the first photo. I wish my garden was big enough for a hedge with cutouts. I'd also like some of these scented roses, but of course I didn't write down any names.

4 comments:

  1. i love those cut outs too, especially when there is a gate making whats behind especially secret gardenish-there are a few here in rangiora that i deliberatly take my walks by to enjoy. happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful. I can imagine how wonderful this was to see in person. A lot of inspiration (and dreaming) here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they've made me dream a lot too! Roses just do that to you don't they?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...