Monday 15 September 2014

September flowers

Spring is here, hooray! The weather hasn't been exactly quick to cooperate, but there's no denying the swiftly lightening mornings with slightly less chill to the air, not to mention the explosion of bird activity around dawn! It's finally time to do things in the garden like planting out shrubs, and preparing the potager for spring veges. There's also time to appreciate bulbs and blossoms, and to say goodbye to some winter performers whose season is almost over.

Clockwise from top left: vivid coral blossoms on peach Rose Chiffon, a hellebore setting seed, the first anemone of the season, almond blossom, a cheerful pansy, a pretty white and cream daffodil, gorgeous hycacinth, camellia Fairy Blush (still going strong and having bloomed since May!), the first lavender of the season, blue star flowers (ipheon uniflorum), the blue and pink flowers of pulmonaria, a gaudy but welcome daffodil.

How is your garden this season? Pop over to May Dreams Gardens to find links to gardens all around the world blooming in spring and autumn!

12 comments:

  1. you always have beautiful flowers each time, Ruth... they are so lovely... I love them all...
    Not much flowers in my garden, preparing the soil for the next growing season, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful flowers, Ruth! I love reading blogs from your part of the world and enjoying opposite seasons. Your fresh spring flowers are a balm to my autumn-melancholy soul. Actually, I love autumn, it's just winter of which I'm not so fond. Happy GBBD and happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that about the internet, it's always spring or summer somewhere in the world! I agree with you about winter and I'm so happy to be bidding it farewell for another year! Autumn is a lovely time though - enjoy :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful combo! Vibrant and soothing all at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's a nice way to put it! There is something very soothing about flowers, isn't there...

      Delete
  4. Hi Ruth, Lovely flowers! It's always exciting to see flowers blooming:) The photo of lavender reminds me of your beautiful garden!! Yes, I remember the explosion of bird activity around dawn! It was the first time to be waken up by the full of birdcalls. Your country has beautiful nature, enjoy the spring season:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keity, it's funny to think it's nearly a year since you visited! Time flies doesn't it. I guess that means my roses will soon be in bloom, I can't wait for that!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful spring flowers!
    Have a lovely week!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The irony! You are at the beginning of the season and I am at the end of mine. I will remember to visit during the coming dark days of late fall and winter. Love all your blooms.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...