Sunday 6 January 2013

New year, new name, same blog


It's a new year and I've decided that it's time to rebrand my blog a little bit. When I first started blogging here I intended it to be an art blog, but over the past few years I've become more of a homebody, doing my house and garden and pottering happily away in my small corner of the world. I try to make my life beautiful and that's what I want to share here on the blog.

I chose the name Camellia Rose because those are two of my favourite flowers. I love tending my flower garden and picking the blooms to decorate the house. It also represents two opposite seasons. I try to live as seasonally as possible, which means embracing whatever is blooming or fruiting in the back yard and allowing that to influence my life indoors, from cooking to decorating.

Aside from the name change everything is going on as normal here. My web address has stayed the same, however if you have linked to my blog on yours, it would be great if you could change the link name from Deep Into the Darkness Peering to Camellia Rose.

I have also created a couple of pages (at the top of the blog under my banner), so far there is an About Me and a Potager page. Thanks to everyone who stops by and reads my blog, and especially those who leave comments. I really appreciate hearing from you. Happy new year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love your new blog name! Roses and camellias are both favorites of mine, too. And I like how you thought about the name reflecting your living seasonally. I will be certain to change the name on your links. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...