Sunday 17 June 2012

June Flowers



This month's pictures are a mixture of before and after: the snow, that is. The chrysanthemums, sweet peas and bishop's flower are now mostly mush, but the pansies, calendula and wintersweet are still going strong. There's even a rogue petunia mixed in with the carnations that just doesn't want to finish up. The fairy blush camellias are starting to open and hyacinths are popping up. It seems early for those, but I remember they did this last year and the flowers seemed to hang around for a while, as long as slugs don't eat them that is!

I'm picking big bunches of wintersweet and putting them throughout the house. Pansies make cute little posies and last a surprisingly long time. How is your garden blooming at this time of year?

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty!
    I enjoy seeing your New Zealand garden.
    Have a wonderful week-end!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Canada so our winters are long and harsh. Are you able to have flowers blooming all year round? If so, I am moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha better pack your bags then! Winter here is cold but generally not too harsh, so certain flowers will keep on going. I've made an effort over the past few years to bring more of them into my garden because I need that winter cheer!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous winter posies. All is very bright green here, so it's actually relaxing to see some cool colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brr it's cool all right, but I'm happy that there are flowers at all!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post...love the Queen Anne's Lace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's a pretty filler in the garden and also in the vase!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...