Friday 27 July 2012

Stopping to smell the hyacinths







Walking through the front hallway is bliss at the moment. The hyacinths are in full scent and flower and the perfume fills several rooms. The bulbs in the round white bowl turned out to be yellow... I had forgotten which colour I got. I'm loving the pastel confection and the frothy spring cheerfulness of it all. Oh, let it be spring now... 

The flower heads are heavy and I've used organza ribbon to tie them to mini chopstick stakes. A few days after these photos were taken I had to cut the heads off because they got so heavy they bent at the neck. I pushed bamboo skewers through the stems so they would stand upright in a vase.

This display will probably last another week, then hopefully the outdoor daffs and other bulbs will start to earn their keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...