Thursday 8 December 2011

Timaru Garden Tour #7

Pictures from the garden of Mr and Mrs Forde.
 Upon stepping through the gate, you are greeted with this beautiful wisteria covered pergola.

 Which frames a secluded walled garden. I like the pencil conifers marking the gate.

 I'm not sure what the trees are, but they must be stunning when in blossom! Small trees like this are great to provide interest in spring and shade in summer.

 Tucked in under the trees are the obligatory peonies. In this sunny microclimate they've obviously been blooming for ages. Gorgeous!

I had to take a picture of this rambling rose on the way out. It's screening off the tennis court. I'd have it rambling all over the court if this was my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...