Thursday 22 October 2009

Some things

Some things that are annoying me today:
• I have a cold. My head is stuffed and fuzzy and my nose is dribbling. Enough said.
• We have a cheap new keyboard and it's awful. I type a line and then go back through inserting the letters (especially "n") that didn't show up the first time.
• The weather. These sick bones want a patch of sunshine to warm them, but it's being obstinately overcast. Again.
• Lui has just jumped in my lap and is making it very difficult to type (although the comfort of his presence really outweighs that)
• Lack of choice in the pantry. I felt like making a stew or something warming in the slow cooker, but I don't have anything I'd need for that. Guess it's toasties again tonight...
• Weeds along the driveway. I've been planning to deal to these for a while but weather and time never seem to cooperate. It gets worse every time I look at it!

Some things worth being cheerful about:
• I've started a(nother) new crochet project - a ripple blanket! The first photo on this post is my swatch. It's a nice, easy project from Attic 24 - good for when your head is stuffed up and you don't want to think too hard, but if you get a couple of rows done then at least you haven't wasted the entire day...

• Pretty spring flowers! Above we have rhododendrons, sparaxia and pink lantern-flowers (no idea what they're really called).
• I have a pile of unread books (so no anxiety about running out), fuel for the fire, some dvds and a blanket. Also a vase of gorgeous flowers to look at.
• I have plenty of lemons and honey. The only good thing about having a cold is hot lemon-honey drinks!

So now I think I'll take my cat, crochet, books, blankets and hot drinks to the couch. And that's where I'll be for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, sometimes we all have one of these days....
    Take your time and get well soon!
    Your new rippling-project will help you through the day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...