Tuesday 16 February 2016

February flowers

Welcome to my February flowers post! I noticed as I uploaded this that it's my 500th post. I've also been doing Flowers Monthly for almost 6 years! Far from finding it repetitive, I enjoy the monthly ritual of photographing the garden and flowers and collating them into this mosaic to represent what's been in bloom during the month. I go back and compare with previous years, and even though a lot of the individual blooms are the same, each collage has its own personality. It's a reminder that the garden is always changing and evolving even though the same seasons always follow each other.

Anyway, this month the garden is still fresh, but starting to take on its full, slightly overgrown and overblown look. Roses are still in full bloom, but hydrangea petals are starting to speckle and the first autumn berries have appeared. Above, from top left we have: a pretty striped cosmos; snowberries; a new hydrangea called You and Me; clematis William Keay (in his second flowering flush, yay!); osteospermum; pink penstemon; white frilly fluffy begonia; white echinacea; dahlia Cupcake; swan plant flowers and happy munching caterpillar; rose Sexy Rexy; cactus dahlia. In the middle is a little bouquet featuring a Compassion rose - gorgeously scented and grown from a cutting. I have a post planned soon to tell you more about this season's roses and how the cuttings went.

For now I will sign off and add my post to the list at Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day... have a look for inspiration from all around the world!

For previous Flowers Monthly posts click here.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on 500 postings. Can appreciate the time and effort put in and always enjoy your posts.
    Great to see your garden developing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie! I always appreciate your taking the time to comment on my posts! Hope all is well with you after the shake on Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm actually in my ninth year (!!!) as I haven't been doing this particular series the whole time. Kind of scary to say that out loud!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...