Sunday 8 February 2015

Styling the Seasons February 2015

 Hello there! Well, it's February (a week into it, oops) so I'm joining in again this month with Styling The Seasons, hosted by Katy at Apartment Apothecary and Charlotte at Lotts and Lots. Each month we are invited to style a surface in our home reflecting that month and season, and since it's February I've gone with my kitchen shelf. Late summer for me means hot, sunny afternoons and evenings, and lots of produce to harvest in my garden. I'm busy chopping, packaging, preserving and freezing, so I want nice things to look at in the kitchen while I do that!

 I have four sets of curtains in the kitchen/dining room and they are all different shades of green. It wasn't exactly intentional but I ended up loving the matching-yet-mismatching look of it!
 
This is the first time that I've used yellow as a feature colour deliberately! It's not normally among my favourite colours, but I found the rose patterned plate a few weeks ago at a market and decided to use it as the basis for my display. I don't know if I'm a yellow convert now, but it does add a nice pop here!


 I found some pink trim in my suitcase of vintage trims. It's very soft and was probably used for trimming flannel nighties. I'm going to make sure I edge a pair of pyjama pants with it before winter!

I love the delicate fronds of this maidenhair fern. It's right at home in its little enamel pot.

Hope you like my little shelfie this month. It's bright pretty colours are definitely lifting my heart and making my kitchen chores a little more bearable!

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, so joyful and full of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I got cut off above! I hope this makes you smile every time you see it - just lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy - yes it does make me smile! It represents everything I love about summer really. Roses, plants and bright yellow sunshine!

      Delete
  3. So pretty & all your jars & vases are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your shelfie...
    hey.. the yellow rose pattern look really nice among the pink..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hari, funnily enough one of my favourite garden roses is yellow too!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...