Here are some snapshots from my phone and Instagram. Summer has been great so far - it's been really warm and with my long Christmas holiday, I had a lot of time to relax as well as getting jobs done.
• This is my summer book stack. It's a mixture of library books and loaners. Picks of the bunch so far are Days of Blood and Starlight, Icons and The Giver. I still haven't read The Fault in Our Stars, Doctor Sleep and Gathering Blue, but the rest were average.
• Lui is SO HAPPY when it's warm. He just flops onto the nearest couch and sleeps all day. He wakes up to eat and then sleeps some more. Often he can't even be bothered to tuck his legs or tail in, which leads to some very odd poses.
• The sunsets lately have been amazing.
• A posy of flowers from Mum's garden. The roses are Compassion which have a beautiful scent.
• I bought myself Decorate With Flowers as a Christmas present and didn't even crack the cover till after the day. Such self control!
• The flower garden is full and abundant.
• It's relaxing to stroll around the potager in the evening.
• I love my calendar for this year... each month has a different animal portrait. Disapproving deer is disapproving...
• There are a few more things to look at in town these days. New Regent Street is up and running with a fresh paint job and some pretty Christmas lights.
• I love this mural by Rone.
• Dahlias in my German pottery vase. I thought it looked like a painting even before I added the filter.
• Another gorgeous sunset.
• One way to beat the heat is by mixing up refreshing drinks. This is a raspberry and basil mojijto. Don't forget the mint!
• You know it's summer when you find chewed up cicada wings on the kitchen floor. Thanks Lui!
And just like that, the weekend was over. Hope you've had a good one!