Friday 30 September 2011

September flowers

Pansies stole the show in the flower garden this month. I love how they mix and mingle between themselves to create new and beautiful colour strains with each new plant.

And lovely spring bulbs are blooming. I don't normally go for bright loud colours in the garden, but in spring it just happens and I don't really fight it. I need the hit after gloomy winter. These lovelies made such a gorgeous scented centrepiece, I had it on the kitchen windowsill, and it really cheered me when I drew back the curtains each morning. Such strength of colour and scent.

PS I cheated and backdated this post... I really did intend to put it up before September became October! Time is running away with me again.

1 comment:

  1. How glorious these flowers are!
    Talk about a riot of colour - I can almost smell them!
    Those pansies are breathtaking in their simplicity and beauty.
    I want to live in your house.....!LOL!
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...