Wednesday 31 August 2011

Goodbye winter!

 
It's the first of spring tomorrow, hooray! Already the mornings are brightening and evenings are a fraction longer. I look forward to light and warmth, and the energy and motivation they bring me.

There are a few winter-only treats I enjoy...

:: coffee with a spoonful of milo stirred in
:: lovely cyclamen flowers
:: my cat snuggling in the bed at night
:: candlelight
:: sitting in full sunlight at lunchtime
:: wearing cozy knitted cardigans and knee high boots

But now it's time to bid those things farewell for another year, and look forward to the beauty of spring and the warmth of summer. Bring it on!


3 comments:

  1. The photo with the cat is gorgeous. What is the beautiful flower in the vase. It reminds me of a gentian but the colour and shape aren't right for that are they? I can see some of those winter-only treats pushing into spring given half a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the warm spring weather, makes you want to get out in the garden and start planting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's all dependent on the weather isn't it... Miriam, the flowers are triteleia, I call them blue star flowers. They grow from a small bulb and flower prolifically in early spring. You will probably see them in several of my photos before the season is out as I think they are great value!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...