Wednesday 22 October 2008

Miniature stitching and gardening

This is a little garden of alpine plants. In the middle is a viola and to the left, a miniature aquilegia. It's only about 15 cm tall. There is a cushiony patch of moss and at the back, a tiny climber which I'm told will flower in red and black!

It's looking a bit fragile at the moment - hopefully a bit of tlc will bring it round.

Here we are a couple of weeks on. The aquilegia is flourinshing! All that this scene needs is a tiny little house, don't you think?

Yes, I am a bit obsessed with making little houses. Probably because I long for a house of my own. So here is a little house ornament, complete with embroidered flower garden.

I have plans for a series of these. Maybe even some larger freestanding houses... but first I have to finish off the hundred and one projects clamouring for attention!

Including this - the tinyland firescreen, currently about 3/4 complete.

More finished projects soon... promise!

1 comment:

  1. I love your little garden! -- and your obsession with houses! -- I have the same obsession!

    susan
    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...